Monday, September 15, 2008

Family Reunion... sort of

Last Sunday, the 7th, we had a little family reunion. It was just the grown-up brothers and sisters... and not all of us either. I'm calling it a reunion because we don't hold them often.

Adam and Sonya sent out an email opening their home to all those who desired to visit with Dad now that he is out of the hospital. Rachel suggested a Priesthood blessing for him. Sean flew in from out of state. I had a most enjoyable visit with Sean Saturday evening. David, Rachel and Curt drove in from out of town.

We all met at Adam's place. It came together kind of on the spur of the moment. Funny how things don't work out as smoothly when we make plans weeks in advance.

We all took turns visiting with Dad. He didn't seem "aware" that day.

It did me a lot of good to see so much of the family at one time. I draw strength from my siblings. When I interact with them I can see their resemblance to me. And somehow it makes me feel better about myself.

No comments: